8.07.2010

DMV...enough said.

Well I have had a very exciting couple of days with my new friends at the McKinney DMV.
It all started on July 2  (my birthday, in case you don't remember, but of course you do), when my Alabama driver's license expired. My thoughts were, "no big deal, we're in Hawaii, I'll get it fixed when I get back". I  was waaaaay wrong. Fast foward, Wednesday, after FOUR HOURS of waiting in line in 105 degree weather, I am taking my permit test. Yes, the written test you take when you're 15. awesome.
There weren't any spots to take my road test, (yep, that too), so I had to come back on Thursday. So I show up Thursday morning and wait to the huge line to get my appointment at 2:15. I can do that, go work in my classroom for a bit, then come back then, right?
Well, I show up at 2:15 and pull into the driveway to wait on someone to issue the test. Ps. I drove there illegally, woops. The lady comes over to me and all-of-the-sudden my window won't roll down because...wait for it...my car is DEAD in the driveway for the test at the DMV with cars behind me. Poor 16 year olds scared out of their minds.
Hours later, after AAA and David, I am now a proud legal driver in the state of Texas.

2 comments:

  1. Callie, I have a similar story that occured. Me trying to get my Florida lisense and change my name at the same time. It literally took me the full year of marriage to complete this task and just last week I became a proud member of Florida and Emily Dickens (Officially) So I feel your pain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Callie, but at least you're a true Texan now! :)

    ReplyDelete