8.30.2009

Praise our Jesus

We have not been able to update in a while because David & I have gotten so busy. I (Callie) got a job! To God be the glory for this. It was totally Him. Through interviewing with principals I found out that I would not be eligible to teach this year because my certification was not going to transfer from Alabama to Texas in time. I was so devastated. ButGod is still good and we know that. I got a job in a great school system working in a special ed classroom with some sweet children with Down's Syndrome. I do not really have any experience in this area but it's neat how God works. I think He is preparing me for something..we'll see.
David is loving his job. He is learning a lot and gets to wear a sweet uniform get-up to work. His work gear consists of Under Armor and Nike Shox.
We have been exploring Dallas. It's so different than anything that we're used to. It's fun being in a different element. I will post some pictures soon of our adventures. We got a new computer so we are still figuring out how things work.
Last weekend we went to our friends' wedding. Tommy and Hannah Webb...we love them. Tommy was David's AU roommate. It was great to see our friends. It was a bittersweet weekend though. We made such amazing friends in college. That part of our life is now over. We must move on but it's so hard not to just live in memories and want to go back..especially to college. We will have these friends for a long time but we won't live with them, have lunch with them regularly, run with them, and all the things we're used to. These are the people we lived life with for four years. They became our family and the people that we cried to, sang with, and rejoiced with. We grew into adults with these people. How can we just say good-bye to them? I don't know what the answer is but it hurts our hearts to not be with them. We will see them soon. Needless to say, we miss them.
Praise God from Whom ALL Blessing flow....

No comments:

Post a Comment