1.03.2010

afflictions.

Jesus made it clear to us that as children of God we will suffer. We are not exempt from the suffering that this world can throw at us. The depravity of the world has reared its ugly head at us recently.
  • Before Christmas break, a sweet little girl in my class at school was put into the hospital. After several suguries and many complications, she has lost a lot of brain function and will never be back to the point where she was. I had to watch her helplessly battle for her life. The outcome is still uncertain for that precious child.
  • About a week ago, our grandmother (well, she was David's first) suffered from a severe heart-attack. She is a beautiful woman of God. The family was told that she had some leakage in her heart so she would be inoperable. God healed her leak and she had a successful surgury. She is still battling for her life.
  • One of the men on David's Booster team has a brother who was in a terrible car accident two days ago. He is brain dead. The family is faced with a tough decision.
All of this happens and people ask: "where is God?" Well...He told us life would not be a cake walk. This earth is NOT our home. We have not gotten home yet. Why do we fight so hard to stay somewhere that isn't ours? Today I heard some scripture that was very encouraging:

" Rejoice in hope (the hope we have to Christ), be patient in tribulation (every terrible thing that comes our way), be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12
I have realized that prayer is what we have when I feel so helpless. When I feel like everything is being torn down around me. Pray.

This is a song that is the truth. When we are called home to our heavenly reward...that's when we're finally home.

You Hold Me Now, Hillsong:

On that day when I see
All that You have for me
When I see You face to face
There surrounded by Your grace
All my fears swept awayI
n the light of Your embrace
Where Your love is all I need
And forever I am free

Where the streets are made of gold
In Your presence healed and whole
Let the songs of heaven
Rise to You alone

No weeping no hurt or pain
No suffering You hold me now
You hold me now
No darkness no sick or lame
No hiding You hold me nowYou hold me now

In this life I will stand
Through my joy and my pain
Knowing there's a greater day
There's a hope that never fails
Where Your Name is lifted high
And forever praises rise
For the glory of Your Name
I'm believing for the day

Where the wars and violence cease
All creation lives in peace
Let the songs of heaven
Rise to You alone

For eternity
All my heart will give
All the glory to Your Name

No comments:

Post a Comment