10.02.2009

sickness.

I took my first sick day yesterday, then had to take another one today. I came down with something and I felt like I'd been hit by a train. After 2 days at the doctore, they figured out what it was..I'll spare the details. I'm good now. I had to take a sick day today to rest. I felt so much better today so I went and walked around the mall...turns out taking sick days are pretty fun! I did miss my sweet kiddos a lot though. Is that lame?
We have a great weekend ahead of us. Friends from A&M and Arkansas are coming in town because the teams are playing eachother in the nicest stadium ever...Dallas Stadium. We are so excited to see our friends!
I've decided that I need to start taking more pictures, it's a personal goal. We'll see what actually happens.
We have been through some hard times lately seeing a leader that we admired so much fall into sin. The Lord has taught us so much through it though. Do we put people up on a pedastal and make them our own personal gods? It's easy to do that because we can touch them and see them. But God is so much bigger than pastors, mentors, etc. It seems so simple but we've really been reminded that we are a fallen people. The only good that is in us in Jesus. He is much bigger and more powerful than we can begin to wrap our mind around. Praise Jesus we can't comprehend His power and might... that's what makes Him God and us people.

No comments:

Post a Comment